Setting up Your Email Account in the Email Control Center
After purchasing an email plan or receiving free email credits, set up custom email addresses using your domain name. After implementing the following steps, your new email account and addresses should be ready to use within 90 minutes. Log in at email.secureserver.net.
NOTE: To set up multiple email addresses at once for the same domain name, see Creating Multiple Email Addresses at Once.
To Set Up an Email Account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Email.
- If you are using a free credit, click Set Up next to the account you want to use. Select the credit’s type and domain name, and then click Set Up.
- Next to the account, click Launch.
- If an option to add addresses or view all email plans displays, click View All to display all of your email plans.
- Click Add in the plan you want to use. The Create Mailbox window displays.
- On the Settings tab, enter or select the following for your new email address: Email Address
Enter the first part, or prefix, of your new email address and either select a domain registered or hosted with us from the drop down list or enter a domain name that is registered elsewhere.
NOTE: The prefix cannot begin with a period, be blank or contain spaces. It must contain only letters, digits, periods, underscores, dashes and the characters plus, equal or hash. You cannot use catchall as the prefix.
Your password in Web-Based Email for this address.
Confirms the password.
Space for this mailbox
The amount of storage space for this email address.
(Optional) Make this mailbox a catchall
When email is sent to the domain for an address that does not exist, it will automatically be forwarded to this address.
- Click OK to complete email address setup.
For more information on advanced settings, see Working with Advanced Settings in the Email Control Center.
For information about setting up your email account to work with a specific email client, see one of the following help articles: