It takes about 5 minutes to set up your email in Outlook® 2010. These steps work for most of our customers, but you may need to make additional changes depending on where you live and which ISP(s) you use.
BEFORE YOU START: To set up Outlook with your email, you need to know your POP or IMAP Email Server Settings and ports. To find them, go to the InfoCenter and write down the information that displays under Email Server Settings.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010. Click File and Add Account.
- At the bottom, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Select Internet Email and click Next.
- Enter Your Name and full Email Address.
- If you have IMAP, select IMAP for your Account Type. If you are not sure, select POP3. Use these settings for your incoming and outgoing servers, depending on the type of email you have:
POP3 Incoming mail server pop.secureserver.net Outgoing mail server (SMTP) smtpout.secureserver.net IMAP Incoming mail server imap.secureserver.net Outgoing mail server (SMTP) smtpout.secureserver.net
- Enter your User Name (your full email address) and Password and select Remember password.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Select the Advanced tab.
- Next to Outgoing Server (SMTP), type 80. Then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Outlook 2010 will test your settings. When it is complete, click Close.
- Click Finish.
If everything is working properly, you should see some email messages. If you do not, press the F9 key on your computer.
The Microsoft Outlook® Setup Tool automatically configures your email account. For it to function, your email must be hosted through us, Outlook must be installed on your computer and you need to open Outlook at least once.
To Use the Outlook Setup Tool
- Download the Outlook Setup Tool, install it and run it.
NOTE: The Outlook Setup Tool is an executable file that you must save to your computer and launch.
- If applicable, select the email client you want to set up.
- Enter Your Name. This displays in the From field of your email messages.
- Enter your Email Address for this account.
- Enter your Password.
- If you want to access your email in Workspace Email, confirm that Leave a copy of messages on the server is selected.
- Click Set Up Account.
- Click OK.
Some Internet service providers may not accept the Outlook Setup Tool’s default settings; you might need to edit them manually. For more information, see Troubleshooting Problems Connecting to Email in Outlook Express.
The Outlook Setup Tool supports the following operating systems and email programs:
If you cannot send or receive email messages, see Outlook 2010: Troubleshooting Email. We will help you investigate and fix this problem.