Why Mobile Optimization is Key to Your Online Success in 2017: Mobile SEO First
To start 2017 with a bang, Google has launched a “mobile-first” index. What this means is that instead of Google crawling your site as a desktop user, it will now crawl it as a mobile user. This will dramatically change how your website is ranked in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages). To make the transition more beneficial to you, there are several steps that you can take in preparation.
With this bold move, Google is attempting to keep up with the number of mobile users, which continues to grow at a rapid rate. For you to keep up as a business owner, your website must focus on search engine optimization for the mobile user.
Here are a few factors of note regarding Google’s new “mobile-first” index:
- If you do not already have a responsive website, now is the time to make the switch for the ultimate success online. While your desktop site will still be crawled, it is in your company’s best interest to remain current with this explosive trend.
- Know that your expandable content will still be weighed the same as visible content.
- Mobile-first indexing will not significantly alter rankings, at least at the present time.
- This program still has a long way to go for complete implementation.
- You can view your site as the bots do with the Google Search Console or Google Webmasters feature.
- For now, there will be 2 indices but will be moved to mobile only in the future.
- Ensure that your mobile versions of each page of your website is technically sound by verifying your mobile page with Google’s tester tool.
- Make certain that the data on your mobile version has the correct structure.
- Since website speed is critical on mobile devices, improve your mobile page speed as much as possible.
- To further optimize your website, evaluate its structure as a whole and create as much uniformity as possible between desktop and mobile versions.
- Having a responsive website is necessary to reach more of your target market and create the best experience for the user.
Contact Top Marketing Agency at (888)843-9840 to discuss the advantages of optimizing your website for mobile devices for the greatest chance of online success.