Top Trends for Search Engine Optimization in 2019
To really stay on top of your marketing game, it is important to evaluate your current search engine optimization strategy and determine how you will need to adjust for 2019. It’s never too early to think about the game plan for next year, particularly when your business is concerned. Here are a few ideas that are expected to be trending for the new year:
- Mobile-First Indexing – Google uses the mobile version of your site for ranking and indexing. This does not necessarily mean “mobile-only,” but mobile will be the primary source for ranking.
- Page Speed – Your mobile page speed has become as critical as that of your desktop version.
- Brand as a Ranking Signal – There are two ways this happens. First, mention of your brand via unlinked means is analyzed to determine your field authority. Second, Google determines the efficacy of your site through contexts like advertising, reputation, complaint resolution, and reputation.
- GDPR or General Data Protection Regulation – Passed in the European Union, this regulates the owners of the data developed by online interactions. Google has now integrated this into its analytics. Personal data use expires after 26 months. This includes demographics and affinity data. Site owners can adjust this period and remove data by users on request.
- Amazon Search – While Amazon is not a universal search engine, it uses an algorithm like Google for its internal searches. This is noteworthy because more than half of consumers go to Amazon first for shopping and return to that site after finding something somewhere else.