Social Media Strategies That Businesses Should Avoid
Savvy business owners everywhere are learning the value of strategically utilizing social media to promote their brand while increasing both customer base and revenue. However, as with any marketing campaign, there is a right and a wrong way to go about it. Merely offering daily posts on your social media accounts is not enough anymore and there are some things to avoid, as well, to ensure that you don’t drive customers from you instead of toward you.
- Social media posts should focus on the user rather than just info about your company. Posts that encourage sharing are preferred.
- Pay attention to your target audience. Be responsive and consistent.
- Combine educational and corporate content into your posts to elevate reader interest. Include infographics, user-generated content, videos, and blog post links.
- Ensure that you listen to what your customers are saying and use that information for improvement.
- Develop content with consumers in mind. Boring is bad.
- Actively engage with your target audience on social media.
- Eliminating or ignoring negative commentary is not a wise idea. Respond to favorable and unfavorable comments. Be honest.
- Proofread all posts to ensure you have no grammatical or spelling errors.
- Reply to questions and comments quickly so that consumers stay with you rather than shopping elsewhere.
- Avoid controversial topics. Always strive to reflect your brand image and culture positively and effectively.
- It is not necessary to have a dozen hashtags, as one or two is sufficient.
To find out how to take advantage of the power of social media and implement a powerful campaign to advertise your business, reach out to the experts at Top Marketing Agency. Call us at (888) 843-9840 to schedule a consultation.