Social Media Stats Your Business Should Know
The number of individuals active on social media every day continues to grow, with Statista.com reporting that 81% of the US population uses some form of social media as of 2018. This creates a huge amount of opportunity for businesses to connect with, and convert, social media users and followers into customers. Social media not only provides for businesses in terms of branding, leads, and sales, but also in terms of a low-cost way to reach larger audiences.
Check out these current social media statistics to see just how influential social media marketing can be for your business.
- Adults aged 18-34 are most likely follow a brand via social networking (95%). (Source: MarketingSherpa)Consider this in your social media marketing strategy. How can you create and share content that will be relevant to this demographic? The way you engage the 18-34 years olds will be different than teens or mature adults – so be thoughtful and intentional.
- In 2015 Facebook influenced 52 percent of consumers’ online and offline purchases, up from 36 percent in 2014. (Source: The Drum)This statistic demonstrates how effective social media marketing can be – if you know how to use the tools properly. Facebook has many tools available to businesses that can provide a great ROI – if you aren’t familiar with what they are, contact our agency to learn more. Don’t waste time trying to DIY, we can tell you from experience that to get your dollars worth of advertising through social media that to run effective campaigns, you need the help of dedicated professionals.
- There are now more than 50 million small businesses using Facebook Pages to connect with their customers (Source: Facebook). 4 million of those businesses pay for social media advertising on Facebook. (Source: Forbes)You might be surprised how many of your competitors are using Facebook for social media advertising, and if you currently are not, then you are missing out on your piece of the pie! Gain visibility among your current and prospective clients by optimizing your social media presence, regularly posting and engaging with followers, and maximize results with the strategic use os paid ads.
- 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles. (Source: Brandwatch)What this tells business owners is that your brand may be the topic of a conversation that isn’t happening on your channel, or even on your radar. So, what is being said in these exchanges? You should be very interested in finding out. Use this as an opportunity to gain insight and understanding to not only manage your reputation, but also to learn from and react to what consumers are saying.
- Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source:HubSpot)This statistic has long been true, and maybe a bit under appreciated. One of the simplest and easiest ways to boost the effectiveness of a post is to add a photo or graphic. (Branded is better!)
For many businesses, social media continues to be a mysterious and confusing aspect of their digital marketing strategy. Don’t get lost in the shuffle. Focus on what is most important for your business and target audience, and the rest will fall into place. Contact Top Marketing Agency at (888) 843-9840 to discuss your goals and a plan for an effective social media marketing strategy.