SEO Tips to Avoid with Your Website
If you know anything about the worldwide web, you realize the importance of SEO or search engine optimization to draw viewers and more business revenue. It is important to rely on professional guidance for SEO so that it is properly executed. There are numerous mistakes that a novice can make that can have detrimental results. With Google algorithms constantly changing and with over 200 factors that affect the Google search results, it’s a full time job keeping up with what is “today’s” best practice when it comes to SEO.
- You must utilize website Meta Data that has actual meaning and is well targeted for your business.
- A web page title that is too long or too short does is not highly regarded by search engines. Around 60 characters are the norm for Google. The title should be informative without extraneous information.
- Keyword overloading is a definite no-no as it negatively affects search engine rankings. This tactic can lead to higher bounce rates which do not reflect well on you or your company.
- If you have too many web page titles that are the same or similar, it is hard to know which is which in the results. Each page should have a unique identifier.
- Don’t keyword stuff your website or adding irrelevant keywords to your page just to get more traffic.
- Don’t present search engines with one set of content and then show your website visitors a different set of content, this is called cloaking and is also considered black hat.
- Don’t create doorway/gateway pages with the purpose of redirecting users to a different page.
- Don’t create duplicate content pages (whether from your site or someone elses), without full permission and giving credit to the original author.
- Don’t use link farms or create links to your site from other potentially spammy sites, this could hurt your site with Google Penguin algorithm.
- Don’t regiser a domain with a trademark in the name, with the full intent to profit from the trademarked name, this is called cybersquatting.
- Don’t create spam throughout social networking and blogging sites, to push your advertisement messages to people.
- Do stay up to date with the White Hat SEO techniques that are preferred by Google, so that your site does not get penalized or negatively affected by one of the many Google penalties.
- When you don’t have time to do full time SEO for your business, then hire a professional with proven results, a company that will not utilize black hat SEO just to get quick results while risking your business in the long run.
If you prefer to spend your time running your business and doing what you know best, leaving the technical marketing up to the experts, then we’d love to hear from you. Allow our team of SEO and marketing experts to help grow your brand and increase your profit, with our prove best practice SEO services. With 100’s of success stories and proven case studies, we customize our marketing approach for each individual customer to align our strategy with your short and long term goals, driving towards the best results possible for your business.
Call the internet-savvy and experienced marketing professionals at Top Marketing Agency at (888)843-9840 to schedule a free consultation to discuss the benefits of our legitimate and proven SEO techniques. We guarantee that you will be pleased with the results because we know SEO.