SEO Factors to Consider for the New Year
Google introduced remarkable changes in 2018 for the way it ranks websites on its search engine. Automatic Intelligence or AI was utilized for about 30% of search queries, so pages with the most significant number of links do not always place at the top anymore. Due to these modifications, and likely more to come, here are some SEO factors to consider for the new year, 2019.
- Expand Image SEO – Successful search engine optimization depends on appropriate and engaging images and graphics throughout your website. Together with heading and title elements, they can increase your rankings and show in enhanced listings. Be sure that you are using SEO best practices for images.
Pictures and symbols that tell a story help readers better understand concepts that you are presenting and make them more relevant for readers. If you have an article about homebuying tips, a graphic showing someone handing over keys to a house or one that has someone pasting a “sold” sign on a home for sale sign would be suitable. Images grab readers’ attention and communicate ideas quickly, which help encourage them to read further.
Heavy images, or those measured in megabytes, increase bandwidth requirements on your server and slow it down, as well as incurring additional charges. Optimizing images increases sales.
Google likes illustrations and screenshots that highlight step-by-step instructions and often uses these images in enhanced listings. They are also accommodating for readers.
- Get Acquainted with Structured Data – Structured data doesn’t have to be daunting. The best way to learn more about it and how it works is to copy and paste and begin working with it.
- Prevent Mistakes with Structured Data – Google can and does penalize websites for incorrect use of structured data, even if that error was made honestly. It’s important to stay away from these structured data mistakes: violations of Google’s guidelines for a particular type of data, the on-page content doesn’t correspond to structured data, using improperly structured data, taking advantage of manipulative behavior and shortcuts, and violating the structured data general guidelines set by Google.
- Focused Content – Internet marketing in 2019 will rely on focused content. One of the most significant errors in marketing recently is the use of unfocused content, and it shows with loss of ranking. – Keep it super simple to appeal to users and keep them engaged.
- Your Marketing Strategy Should Include Podcasts – If podcasts are popular in your niche, you should consider using them. People like to listen to podcasts because they are simple to get and an easy way to acquire content. As an extension of content marketing, your podcast strategy could include advocating specific content, sponsorships, and playing a part on the podcast.
Bonus Tip – Remain Current
While improving SEO is valuable, it’s also essential to ensure that you utilize the latest security measures to keep the software that runs your website updated. Passwords should be hard to guess and duplicate. Performing an audit of third-party plug-ins and add-ons will help to ascertain whether they are updated regularly and written by a trusted company.
For additional information on what you can do to improve search engine optimization and increase viewership, contact the skilled team at Top Marketing Agency at (888) 843-9840. We can help you determine which SEO factors to consider for the new year and what will work best for you. We will be happy to meet with you to outline a specific plan of action for your business. Let us help your site rise to the top of rankings – and stay there.
I can't highly enough about these guys! You're definitely in safe hands here!