We offer a variety of simple methods to set up your email in Outlook 2007 and it only requires 5 minutes of your time.
BEFORE YOU START: To set up Outlook with your email, you need to know your POP or IMAP Email Server Settings and ports. To find them, go to the InfoCenter, log in using your new TMA Email & Password and write down the information that displays under Email Server Settings.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007. From the Tools menu, select Account Settings.
- Click New.
- Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP, and click Next.
- Enter Your Name, E-mail Address, Password and password confirmation.
- At the bottom, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Select either IMAP or POP3 for your Account Type. Use these settings for your incoming and outgoing servers, depending on the type of email you have:
POP3 Incoming mail server pop.secureserver.net Outgoing mail server (SMTP) smtpout.secureserver.net IMAP Incoming mail server imap.secureserver.net Outgoing mail server (SMTP) smtpout.secureserver.net
- Enter Your Name and E-mail Address.
- Enter your User Name (your email address) and Password and select Remember password.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming server.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Type 80 next to Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- Optional: If you’re setting up a POP3 account, under Delivery, select Leave a Copy of Messages on the Server.
- Click OK.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
Check your email. If you don’t see any messages, press F9 on your keyboard. To be sure you can send messages, compose an email and send it to yourself.
- Download the Outlook Setup Tool, install it and run it.
NOTE: The Outlook Setup Tool is an executable file that you must save to your computer and launch.
- If applicable, select the email client you want to set up.
- Enter Your Name. This displays in the From field of your email messages.
- Enter the Email Address you want to use.
- Enter your Password.
- If you want to access your email in Workspace Email, confirm that Leave a copy of messages on the server is selected.
- Click Set Up Account.
- Click OK.
Some Internet service providers may not accept the Outlook Setup Tool’s default settings; you may need to do this manually. For more information, see Troubleshooting Problems Connecting to Email in Outlook Express.
The Outlook Setup Tool supports the following operating systems and email programs:
If you are not receiving email messages or cannot send messages, see Outlook 2007: Troubleshooting. We will help you investigate and correct the problem.