In The Know: PPC Marketing Explained
In order to learn the best ways to catapult your business or brand, you must know about all of the ways that you can get your name out there. With pay-per-click marketing (PPC), this is essentially a complex form of digital marketing. When done correctly, it creates the opportunity for businesses to boost traffic and get higher conversion metrics. However, the real key with PPC marketing is making sure that you are using careful tactics and smart strategies to reach your goals.
What is PPC Marketing?
This is a type of advertising channel where you are not paying by ad placement or impression. The advertiser ends up just paying whenever the ad gets clicked on by online users. The most common type of ad format for PPC shows up on search engine results pages like Bing or Google.
Major PPC Marketing Platforms
There are lots of platforms that will offer up display, text, and shopping ad placement for PPC marketing. However, the most popular platforms out there include:
- Google Ads
- Amazon Advertising
- Microsoft Advertising
Is PPC Marketing Right For Your Business?
When you have a website, it is in your best interest to think about setting up a marketing channel that includes PPC advertising. Before you go into such a campaign, it is best to think about your advertising goals, the competition, your budget, and risk tolerance. Some questions to ask include:
- What would you like to accomplish?
- Do you have a clear and concise conversion goal?
- What are you looking to spend on PPC marketing in order to get a good return on investment (ROI)?
Know the Benefits
When you are looking into PPC marketing, there are four significant benefits to keep in mind. These are:
- Precision – Gathering a highly-targeted audience or group to display your ads to will be straightforward, especially when shopping networks and search.
- Speed – This is your chance to bring a good amount of traffic to your website if coordinated and managed effectively.
- Agility – Detailed data on performance will be available to you right away, making it easier for you to adjust and improve your campaign.
- Measurement – When you have decent conversion tracking, you will see a great ROI for your ads.