How to Grow Your Home Services Company
You’ve set up your home services company, and things are going well. But you’re lacking one thing—you need more growth!
Whether you offer plumbing, roofing, cleaning, or another service, you already know the importance of doing an excellent job and providing a superb customer experience. But this is just the bare minimum.
To grow your home service business, you need to find new customers. And one of the best ways to do this is to focus on marketing your services.
With a solid marketing strategy in place for your company, you can get your name in front of more people who need your services and encourage them to choose your business rather than the competition.
Let’s take a look at some of the marketing tips to help your home service business increase your customer base so you can grow faster.
Home Service Industry Specialties:
- HVAC Marketing Service
- Plumbing Marketing Services
- Restoration Marketing Services
- Roofing & Gutter Marketing Services
- Flooring Marketing Services
- Other Home Services Marketing
Boost Your Local SEO
Getting your local SEO strategy sorted out should be number one on your list.
The first place many people will go when searching for a local home services business is Google. When they search using a local keyword like “plumber in Santa Barbara” or “roofer near me,” you want your business to show up first.
Local SEO is a huge area, but some of the best strategies to boost your local presence include:
- Set up a Google Business Profile if you haven’t already done so.
- Optimize your business listings and ensure the name, address, and phone number (NAP) are all the same across them.
- Create separate service pages for each distinct geographic area you serve.
- Publish useful blog posts incorporating geo-targeting keywords.
There are many other local SEO techniques, but these cover the basics you need to make a good start.
Use Paid Search
A faster way to get your home service business website to the top of the search results is to pay for ads.
Google displays several ads before organic listings. These PPC (pay-per-click) ads can drive targeted traffic directly to your website from day one.
The benefit is that you will only attract targeted traffic; the catch is that they will cost you money for every click.
It’s therefore important to create campaigns carefully and make sure you maximize your ad expenditure and spend as little as possible on every click.
Over time, you can work out how much you are spending and how much business your ads are generating. Then you can optimize your ads to make them work even harder while spending less.
As well as going to the search engines or simply asking Google via their phones, your potential home service business customers are likely to be on social media.
People in the USA spend over two hours a day on average on social media. For many people, social networks like Facebook are where they spend nearly all of their time online, and you want to have a strong presence where your customers are. Social media marketing can help you do this.
Start by creating a business profile. Facebook is a good starting point because your customers are almost certainly using it.
Begin posting content and updates to engage your target audience and grow your following. Here are some ideas:
- Information on local places and events
- Tips related to your services
- Video demonstrations of what you do
- Before-and-after photos
- The blog posts you are already publishing for local SEO
- Competitions and contests
- Customer reviews
The more you build your following, the more you will get your content in front of your target customers. The aim is that you will be the first business they think of when they need the service you offer.
Social ads are another great option. With paid social, you can target your audience very specifically to ensure only people in your local area see your ads so you don’t waste money getting your ads in front of the wrong people.
Create an Email Newsletter
Don’t forget about emails, which are still an excellent marketing tool. One of the problems in online marketing is that although you may be able to get people to visit your website, you often need them to visit multiple times before they hire you.
You should aim to capture their email address by offering them something of value. That could be a free guide providing tips related to your service or a 15% discount on the first time they use your service.
Then send out a regular email newsletter containing similar content to that which you publish on social media (tips, guides, local events, blog posts, etc), and optimize them for opens and clicks.
This will help to keep your name in front of your leads, so that when people on your list need your service, they will think of you first and recommend you to their friends.
The aim here is to build a relationship with the people on your list. When they know, like, and trust you, it will be far easier to win their business.
Other Strategies to Grow Your Business
The above four strategies are a great place to start, but there are many other techniques:
- Encourage customer reviews – Getting more reviews is a great way to generate new business. Make sure existing customers know where they can leave reviews and how much you appreciate receiving them.
- Publish useful videos – People love watching videos online. Create videos related to your service (e.g. plumbing tips) and publish them on YouTube, your website, and social media.
- Use live chat – Install a live chat tool on your website so prospective customers can talk with a person on your team immediately.
- Direct mail and flyers – Send out leaflets to local customers and hand out flyers in your local area. This type of marketing still works well for local businesses.
Start Growing Your Home Service Business
With a home services business, offering a great service at a great price will lead to word of mouth and referrals. But if you really want to grow your business, make sure you invest in a good marketing strategy.
You may choose to focus on one of the above techniques, or you might prefer to use several at the same time. Whatever your business goals, contact the team at Top Marketing Agency, and let’s talk about how we can help you grow your business.
My business has worked with Top Marketing Agency for the past few years and they have been amazing. Their agency is like an extension of our company, they know what we need and they are driven to help us succeed!