Aligning Email Marketing and SEO for Superior Results
Marketing your business doesn’t have to be complicated. Utilizing the strategies you already have in place in new ways can yield exciting and profitable results. Aligning email marketing and SEO is just one example. How can they work in tandem? Here are four ways to ensure that search engine optimization and email marketing enhance your overall campaign without a lot of additional effort.
- Develop exciting content that engages visitors and keeps them longer on your site, no matter what type of business you have. This also increases the metrics for on-site engagement at the same time. Creating high-quality content involves improvement of:
- Eye-catching visuals and images.
- Current content
- Content quality, like answering comprehensive questions, being helpful, and matching user objectives.
Search engines want to compensate content that is better than others, but this doesn’t refer to format or word count. When email subscribers spend more time on your site and you have a lower bounce rate, this will translate to favorable search engine response in time.
- Reuse content from your newsletters. By regularly updating subscribers with new, exciting content, you already have information that can to repurpose as an infographic, blog post, or research report. This has advantages for SEO. Updating content into varying formats for those who are not yet on your email list increases the likelihood that the information will rank on search engines if you follow SEO best practices.
It’s important to mention that the content was first sent to newsletter subscribers and to make readers aware that this repurposing isn’t an everyday event. This encourages spectators to sign up for your email list, and it also demonstrates that you value your current subscribers. Be sure not to overdo this technique, as it may offer no incentives for individuals to join your list.
- Request that email subscribers offer reviews. These reviews are critical to aiding businesses in ranking on Google. For some companies, local rankings are even more valuable than overall rankings. Soliciting reviews via email can help. Customer-generated reviews often utilize city names or keywords without even realizing that they are helping you.
You can quickly increase your SEO by sending your subscribers links to third-party review sites and encouraging them to click through and write reviews for your services and products. As a bonus, customer reviews can provide valuable information about where your company should make improvements.
- Your email list should get personalized content. One recent report noted that 77% of business professional enjoy getting customized content. Ask your audience their preferences about how often they want to receive your newsletter. Email readers are generally more engaged than others.
Conducting surveys can also categorize your subscribers in different areas according to what topics interest them and what they want to see in future newsletters. This ensures that your subscribers only receive what is of value to them and they are more prone to link to it and share it with others. Expanding your reach this way gets your content out to more people and generates more links and shares. This type of activity will increase rankings in search engines.
Utilizing SEO requires persistence and patience for results. Aligning email marketing and SEO will aid you in reaching your SEO goals without needing to generate extensive new content that takes extra time and effort. Top Marketing Agency is here to help you do just that. Contact us at (888) 843-9840 to schedule a consultation to discuss your business goals and your marketing objectives. Our marketing specialists are ready to work with you.