8 Social Marketing Tips for a Successful Campaign
For your social marketing plan to be successful, you need to have a strategy. A simple post or tweet every so often is not enough and does not take advantage of the power of social media. Used correctly, social media can increase your customer base, spread brand awareness, and drive your ROI.
Here are eight goals to shoot for with your social marketing campaign:
- Examine your business goals. Set several goals for what you want to accomplish with social media.
- Identify your target customers. Knowing their age, gender, occupation, income, habits, motivation, etc., can help you reach them more effectively.
- Establish your marketing objectives. Define parameters for success and achieving goals.
- It’s not necessary to utilize every social media platform. Choose several and see what works best. Eliminate those that are not performing as well and focus on the ones that are.
- Know what your competition is doing. See what works for them and observe their content strategies. Are their customers engaged?
- There’s no point in using social media if you don’t have great content. Write content that draws viewers.
- Determine your budget and what tools you need to have the best social media campaign.
- Decide who on your team will have what role in the social media process. Meet every couple of days or once a week to shape plans for the next week or so.
A social media plan doesn’t have to be etched in stone. Changes are to be expected, so make them as needed.